Friday, February 26, 2010

“Dum spiro, spero"

I am writing to update the blog. We are working on fundraising opportunities to help much needed projects in development areas in Africa. I have also decided to go over to Africa earlier than planned to help lay the ground work for the team coming in the end of May. I will be meeting with the students of Daystar University and also preparing the lodging and projects we will be doing. I am going to forgo going to Garissa, Kenya even though I really wanted to help out with one of the biggest refugee camps there called Dadaab. It is home to over 160,000 refugees, mostly from neighboring Somalia. I was warned that it was not safe enough for me to go at this time. I am getting more and more excited as time gets closer. Please visit our website all donations help. If we don't spread hope.....who will?


“Dum spiro, spero (Latin), "While I breath, I hope"”

2 comments:

  1. Jenny has a lot of compassion, passion and energy to help those who need it most.-Dr. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny wants to make a difference in the world one individual and one community at a time to create a ripple of HOPE that spreads...

    ReplyDelete