Monday, May 3, 2010

"Act as though it is impossible to fail."

The comedy sportz fundraising event was a sucess!! Thank you for all of those who attended and participated in the raffle. With the money from this event we are that much closer to achieving our goals in Africa!!! Plus is was fun, we had several voluteers that went on stage. Faria (one of the team members going to africa) was up there doing "ask the experts," where she and two other comedians tried to answer questions by speaking one word at a time. Very funny.....my favorite part was in answering the question "where do babies come from," all I have to say is "woooosh." Once again thank you for all the support!

I am starting to get anxious about the trip because it is coming up in 2 weeks! I still have to get my medicine for typhiod and also malaria : ) Im working on the packing list which is much longer than I thought. Also lookign forward to the packing party on May 16th so that we can pack all of the amazing donations and equiptment for the long trip!

Wish me luck on packing and can't wait!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to Jenny for organizing the event. We did have a great time. Please go to our website www.hwb-usa.org to purchase t-shirts. This money will be used to provide medicines for those in great need and water filters to save lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, thanks again for organizing the event, it was a ton of fun! I can't believe the trip is coming up so quickly. I am so excited! I just got all my vaccinations and medications on tuesday, and now just trying to survive finals week. Good luck packing and see you in Kenya!!!

    ReplyDelete