Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"The calm before the storm"

It is almost 2 am the morning of the day the first of our team members leave for Africa, including Rachel, Lance, Matt, and Myself.  We spent countless hours packing, repacking and trying to make everything under 50lbs. So far I want to say the luggage count is at 26. Thank god being a humanitarian organization because we are allowed 1 extra check in each which allows us enough room for donated items and then some. I want to thank all of our team members for all the time and energy dedicated to make this trip a success thusfar. I can not wait to get there and also can not wait for the rest of the team to arrive on May 24th. I said all of my goodbyes and as you can tell I can't get to sleep because I am too excited. Well also Lance needed some prodding to pack efficiently : )

We had a packing party on sunday and thanks to all the team members who came we were able to sort out a good majority of our medications and donated items and pack them. These pictures capture just some of the craziness!


I also wanted to include a picture of the offical Hope Without Borders Africa 2010 team to you!!!

( Top from Left to Right....Faria, Amanda, Alyssa, Josiah, Laura, Lance, Julie)
(Bottom from Left to Right.....Jena and Jennifer-me)

Unfortunatley some team members couldnt make the group picture....missing members include: Rachel, Doug, Matt, and Bob, and Courtney)




Keep an eye on the blog to see how we spend our time in Africa, please comment if you want!

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
Robert Lee Frost

4 comments:

  1. To all of the Hope Without Borders Team, stay safe and have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited about coming on the 24th! We have so many great things we will be able to do and look forward to new and lasting friendships.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing you guys on the 24th in Kenya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am anxious to follow your journey so keep on a posting.

    ReplyDelete